Also, if you have a free resource to help parents or teachers with the beginning of school, please share it in the comments and I'll add it to the list! Thanks for sharing your links for the link party!
Social Narratives. A simple story in words and pictures can give your child information about the transition back to school. Parents can write a story for their children, or teachers can write a story about themselves and their classrooms and post it on their classroom website before school starts. A template for writing your own story about your classroom, as well as some links to pre-made stories are below:
- Customize a Back-to-School Story with Pictures from Your Classroom (for teachers to send home with their students)
- Time For School - A Back To School Social Story
- Back-To-School: A Social Story
- Personal Stories to Help Children Get Ready for School
- Advice to Get Your Child Ready to Start School from Dr. Peter Faustino, PhD
- Tips for Reducing Stress Associated with Back to School from Dr. Peter Faustino, PhD
- Autism and the Back to School Transition from Dr. Peter Gerhardt, Ed.D.
- Getting Ready for School: Transition Tips for Students with Autism from Dr. Paula Kluth, PhD
Resources from Other Teachers (Link Party!)
- Coming Soon