Shiller Math provides ready-to-use lessons, songs, and materials that require minimal prep work for the teacher or parent. The lessons are easy to follow and use. Each lesson tells you exactly which materials to use, and shows you exactly what to say and do. You can pretty much just open the book and start a lesson. If a child can read fluently, he or she may be able to use the book to study fractions mostly independently, with support as needed.
Most of the lessons are very short, so your child can complete a lesson quickly, and move on to the next lesson or another activity.
Some of the examples in the lesson book seem like they would be better for children with autism who are a little more verbal and have good reading comprehension skills, but you can adapt the way you explain each lesson to meet your child's educational needs.
For some FAQ about using Shiller Math and their multi-sensorial approach, please read our earlier review.
Here's what's included in the fractions kit:
- Lay-flat Fractions Lesson Book,
- Fractions Answer Guide, Parent Guide,
- Tracking Sheets,
- Music files for the Fractions and Least Common Multiple Songs,
- 2 sets of Fraction Circles (for hands-on exploration of fractions; very similar to the Montessori fraction circles), and
- 5 years of unlimited downloads for one generation of children in the family. Separate licenses are available for schools and tutors.
You can view samples of the fractions lesson book here: https://www.shillermath.com/h2/samples/bookFlessonsamples.pdf
Ready for the discount? You can receive a 10% off discount of your ShillerMath purchase by using the promo code POSITIVE. Click here for the details: http://www.shillermath.com/h2/positivelyautism